QuickBooks is no exclusion to this fact. The software has been reported to come down with offensive errors that require immediate attention if individuals want to continue working. One such error is the QuickBooks error 3371. QuickBooks has encountered an issue on start-up. This may be due to a worthless software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your PC and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the issue again, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.
Causes behind the error
When you install QuickBooks, QB Intuit provides some license information on your hard drive. Error 3371 crops up if that information becomes damaged or corrupted, or doesn’t match up in some way. The software probably checks the license using a system signature that redirects the configuration of hardware. When you reconfigure your device or clone your hard drive, your hardware configuration you can go hay-wire. This in turn grounds the configuration QuickBooks saved to not match what it sees when starting up. The result – error 3371!
- First of all, Click on Windows + R together from your keyboard.
- Enter this path C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the window.
- Windows Explorer will open with the above address.
- Now, remove the ecml file and after that, close the window.
- Finally, you have to Run the QuickBooks and Register the item again.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
Method 1: Update your Windows operating system
- Go to the Start button.
- Now, Choose All Programs and then click on Window Update.
- After that, click on the option of a check for updates.
- Next, you need to reinstall and update QB Desktop again.
Method 2: Install the Latest Update of Windows
- Firstly, you need to install the latest updates for Windows.
- Next, select All Programs and then click on Windows Update.
Method 3: Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows XP Users
- First of all, Go to the Start button and select the option of Run.
- Now, enter this path to find Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- After that, click on the Ok button.
- You can now rename the file Entitlement DataStore.ecml
For Windows 7 users
- Firstly, Open the C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client
- You need to rename the Entitlement file.
- Go to start QB, it will create a new file for you.
- If the program data folder is not noticeable, follow the steps given below to unhide it:
- Go to PC and choose the option of Organize and then select the Folder and Search Options.
- After that click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to see whether QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
If the QuickBooks Error 3371 remains unresolved then feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Customer Support number. Our experts are always available to help you and fix all complicated issues.