The Error 15215 can appear on the screen when you are trying to install any QuickBooks version on your display or installing a fresh Windows OS. This error can also be activated during the Windows Start-up or Shut down. Most Common Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215.
- Incomplete or Improper installation of QuickBooks software.
- The files of your device are infected with a Malware or virus.
- Registry files omitted from the Windows OS or corrupted.
- Any QuickBooks Related vital software or tools deleted.
Methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 15215
Below are the troubleshooting steps to fix your Error 15215. These steps get increasingly more difficult and time-consuming, so we strongly endorse attempting them in ascending order to avoid unnecessary time and effort.
Method 1: Repair Registry Files
- Go to the Windows key on your keyboard
- Click on the Start button, in the text filed to enter the command and hold the CTRL+Shift and click on Enter.
- Enter the admin password needed if you are not the admin and click on all positive prompts.
- A black screen will open on your display with a blinking cursor on it.
- You have to enter Regedit on the screen and then click on Enter.
- A registry editor will open on your display; Select the key related to Error 15215.
- Go to Export and save.
- The file will be saved with the extension .reg.
- Now, you can follow the guide given for manually editing the registry files of your OS website.
Method 2: Run a Malware/Virus Scan on Your Device
It is highly conceivable that the QB error 15215 on your display is due to some virus malware or virus infection on your device. Some malware or Viruses are specifically designed to attack your OS. Virus or Malware invade the vital sanctum of info and can also damage or delete the run time files. Run a scan on your device and get rid of all the Malware, Viruses, and Adware
Method 3: Update the device drivers of PC
QuickBooks Error 15215 is derived due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. Update all the device drivers by going on the official website and updating them one by one. You can also use a driver update tool such as Driver Doc to update your drivers automatically. Restart your device after updating your drivers and you should be able to use your QuickBooks. If the error still persists, move to the next step.
Method 4: Reinstall Windows
Installing Windows is a hard task and you also need advanced knowledge of operations to resolve QB Error 15215. Ensure that you have created a backup of all your data to avoid losing any of the important files, pictures or folders. This is the last stage involved in resolving the QuickBooks Error 15215. Everything will be deleted from your drive once you reinstall Windows. These are the determinations that Intuit recommends to all its Individuals if they are facing Error 15215 on their display. However, if the QuickBooks Error 15215 is not resolved by following the above-given steps then you need to contact QuickBooks enterprise support at any time. Our executives are available the whole day whole night for the help of our individuals.