As like other versions of QuickBooks Desktop accounting software, POS (Point of Sale) also encounters some installation errors which are quite common that can be fixed easily by following simple steps of troubleshooting. In this blog, we are going to discuss POS installation Error 1642, Error 1706, Error 1304 and error unable to start the Intuit Update Service. Some of these common errors are caused by faults in components of Microsoft Windows like .NET Framework whereas some of these occur if the installation files that are required are missing. Follow the complete blog to learn what misconfigurations and faults trigger such errors of installation in QuickBooks Accounting software and how you can troubleshoot them without any unnecessary struggle.
Steps That Triggers QuickBooks Point Of Sale Installation Errors:-
- Microsoft .NET version that you have installed on Windows operating system is not supported by QuickBooks Accounting software.
- There are errors in the installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework on your computer system or laptop.
- The installer that performs the installation of QuickBooks Point Of Sale is quite damaged.
- Outdated version of QuickBooks Point Of Sale also triggers such errors of installation.
Common QuickBooks Point Of Sale Installation Errors:-
There are a lot of errors that one can come through while updating and installing QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, but some of the most common errors are mentioned below.
- Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET. A digital signature of file %s could not be verified.
- Error 1304. Error particularly writing to file Intuit.Spc.Esd.Client.BusinessLogic.dll.
- Error: Unable to start the Update Service of Intuit Error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner.
- Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Steps of Troubleshooting to Fix QuickBooks Point Of Sale Installation Errors:-
IMPORTANT: Ensure that you have the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework completely installed on your Windows operating system and there are no errors of installation in .NET Framework. For detailed information on troubleshooting Microsoft, .NET Framework on Windows operating system follows troubleshooting step 3 from our blog on QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 61.
Step 1: Perform QuickBooks Point of Sale Update
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on your computer system or laptop.
- Click About Point of Sale under the tab of Help.
- Ensure your QuickBooks Desktop Point 18.0 is completely installed and if not, then check for the latest updates.
- Go to the download page of the Product.
- Click the drop-down list of Select Product.
- Select the correct edition and right version of QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop and click Get the latest updates.
- Save the file to the desktop and perform a double click on it after the download is finished to begin the installation.
- Follow the instructions which prompt on-screen to complete the installation of the latest version.
Step 2: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale from your Computer System
- Firstly, click the Start button on your Desktop and select the option of Control Panel.
- Locate and click Uninstall a software Program option.
- Double-click QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale version 18.0 and follow instructions to uninstall the software program.
Step 3: Change Names of QuickBooks Point Of Sale Folders
Delete and locate the given folders from the C drive of your computer system.
- C:\ Users\Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX.
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX.
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\ QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Version 18.0.
Step 4: Delete QBPOSDBSrvUser Account from Windows Operating System
- Firstly, press Windows + R and type Control Panel in the Run window or the search box.
- Press Enter and locate User Accounts under the option of Control Panel.
- Select Manage Another Account and click on the Continue button.
- Now choose QBPOSDBSrvUser and click on the option of Delete the Account.
- Click Yes for the confirmation and restart the computer system.
Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale on Windows Operating System
- Locate and double-click the Point of Sale download file that you have downloaded in the first step of troubleshooting.
- Click Yes to All and then click on the option of Next.
- Now select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click on Next option.
- Type the Product number and your License information and click on Next option.
- Select whether you want to install QuickBooks Point of Sale for a single user or multi-user.
- Click Install and after the installation restart Windows operating system.
If you have any query regarding QuickBooks Point of Sale Error then you can contact the QuickBooks point of sale help or QuickBooks POS help that is available on our website.