During software design, programmer’s codes anticipate the persistence
of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be predictable
even with the best program design. Errors can happen during runtime if a
certain error is not addressed and experienced during design and testing.
Causes of QuickBooks Error
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible software
running at the same time. It may also persist because of memory issue, a virus
infection or bad graphics driver. Whatever the case may be, the issue must be
resolved immediately to avoid further issues. Here are different ways to repair
Method 1 – Close Conflicting Softwares
When you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is
happening due to softwares are conflicting with each other. The first thing you
can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
Method 2 – Reinstall Conflicting Softwares
- Go to the Task Manager by clicking on the option of Ctrl-Alt-Del.
- Open the Processes tab and stop the softwares one by one by highlighting each software and clicking on the End Process button.
- Once you get to identify which software is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the software.
Using Control Panel
- For Windows 7, Click on the Start Button, and then on Control panel, and then Uninstall a software
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click on the option of More Settings, then click on Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, type Control Panel on the search box and then click the result, and click Uninstall a program
- Once inside the Programs and Features, click on the software and click on Update or Uninstall.
- If you select to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, then follow the prompt to uninstall and re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the software.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed softwares when you click on Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appears on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the software.
- For Windows 10, you may click on the option of Start,then Settings, and then select Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your device.
- Click the Software which is causing the runtime error, then you may select to uninstall or click on the advanced options to reset the application.
Method 3 – Update your Virus protection software or download and install the latest Windows Update
Virus infection causing the runtime error on your device must
immediately be prevented deleted or quarantine. Ensure that you update your
virus software and run a thorough scan of the device or, run Windows update so
you can get the latest virus definition and fix.
You might be getting the error because of an update, like
the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed completely.
- Uninstall the package by clicking on the option of Programs
- Click on the option of Uninstall on top of the list, and
when it is done, reboot your device.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft and
then install it.
Reach us at QuickBooks Support
If these quick fixes do not work, you can always backup files and run repair reinstall on your device. If the issue still persists, feel free to reach us at QuickBooks Support at any time. Our executives are always there for the help of the customers.