The accounting software QuickBooks allows multiple users to access one or more files at the same time from different locations when hosting is on Cloud. Different versions of QuickBooks have different limitations in the number of users allowed to access and work on the accounting software simultaneously. The QuickBooks multi user setup is highly efficient in providing a common platform for working on the data of accounts at the same time. The process of setting up the QuickBooks accounting software for multiple users is easy and can be done easily with quick and simple steps as given below.
Benefits of Multi-User Setup
- It allows more than one user can access the same file at the same time from different places.
- Work is accomplished with ease and comfort.
- Better coordination for working of different individuals on the same set of data at the same time.
- Higher comfortability of work.
Steps to Setup QuickBooks For Multiple User
- Go to the computer where the file of the company is present.
- Now re-install the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Now go to the option of multi-user host installation.
- Now open the application of the QuickBooks.
- If the software asks to update to its latest version then update the software to its latest version.
- Now go to the menu of the file.
- Select the option of Utilities.
- Now click on the option of Multi-user access.
- Now open the folder of QuickBooks.
- Select the scan folders tab.
- Now use the add folder button.
- Now choose the folders which have the file of the company.
- Now scan the file folder.
- Wait for the process of scanning to complete.
- Add the users and give them permission of accessibility of the accounting software of QuickBooks.
- In order to ensure that the permission remains protected from miscreants employ the multiuser setup using a password.
The above steps will successfully make the QuickBooks setup in the multi-user mode allowing multiple users to access the same file at the same time with ease and comfort from anywhere. In case you are facing any other quickbooks setup error, call our quickbooks help number.